Thursday, February 6, 2014

A Wall Broken

I am so happy to share that I was able to perform my songs with my sweet family at my Grandma's care facility in St George a few days ago.  Now, I know there are some people who do this sort of thing all the time, and those who have grown up performing regularly.  I am not one of those people.  I did not grow up performing all the time, and sharing MY music is an even MORE vulnerable thing than just singing some other music.

Well, I'm very thankful to my family for all of the support they gave and especially to Justin for singing with me, since more than half of the songs I've written are meant for BOTH of our voices and it just brought such beautiful light and variety to the music to have him there.  I also am SO SO happy my little Joshua (7) and my Dad were willing to sing on "Dear Dad."  So precious.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that I'm so happily encouraged by this experience and I have entered into this new chapter of being a "sing-songwriter" called "performing." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment