Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The Close of a Project I've Loved

Well, I just shared the free sheet music for my final kids scripture song of the year.  For those of you who don't know, at the end of 2016 I wrote a song to help my kids memorize a scripture.  As one of my New Year's resolutions for 2017, I decided I would write a new Scripture Song for Kids every month this year.  Well, I pulled it off! (minus July when I worked long on hard on releasing free sheet music for a different original song)

I have totally mixed feelings now that the project is complete.  It has been such a great stretching experience.  Some months it was hard to choose a scripture.  Some scriptures had tons of words and were harder to make fit rhythmically, but in the end, my children learned more scriptures and I ended up with a lot more music I could share with YOU. 

I feel relieved that this is over, and excited to just print and enjoy all these songs when I feel like it.  I also look forward to maybe spending a little editing time on the music and creating a little spiral bound book of the Scripture Songs.

I'm also excited now to move on to one of my next little musical projects that have been on hold in my mind.  I want to choose a hymn to arrange for my Stake choir.  That is next.  Fun and exciting right!?  I love new projects!!  I also have some lyrics floating around for regular songs more the style of the songs on our first album, The Gurrs--but I think the hymn arrangement is coming first. (click on Soundcloud link on the side bar to hear practically the whole album) 

And um....yes, we have a first album!  I just picked up the CD's TODAY and I'm pretty excited about it.  We ran into two Sister missionaries at Taco Bell right after we got the CD's and gave them both a copy.  So fun!

There you have it.  One door closes, and others open.

No comments:

Post a Comment